Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Thank you Dear Friend Forever




     At one point in our lives, we were more than friends.  We wrote the best love letters there were.  Our written words expressed the song in our hearts...our love and longing for each other.

     But things changed.   I caused it all, and you were not to blame.

     Strong as you are, you were not one person who wallowed in despair.  Life has to go on... and you moved on.

     That was years... and years.. and years ago.
 
     Within those years and up to the present, we're both happy living a life with the people we love and vow to love forever.

       But as for me, the guilt of hurting you stayed.  And I knew, at a certain point, that there was only one thing that I had to do.  And I did...

     I apologized.  Instantly, I knew, by the way you accepted my apology, that you were the kindest, most modest and merciful person in the world. 

     We talked for a while...this time in a different dimension.  Only as a good friend.

     AND YOU AMAZED ME WHEN YOU RECITED A LINE IN ONE OF MY OLD LETTERS TO YOU...WORD FOR WORD.

     It was one of the best feelings I had.

     Now, though we don't talk to each other anymore, for reasons only you know and I don't, still I would want to thank you for all the happy convos and the niceties that only a good friend like you can give.

     You are a rare breed.  Thank you, dear friend forever.


1 comment:

  1. It's like hearing every goodbye said to me...said all at once.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!