Friday, October 1, 2021

EULOGY FOR A VERY LOVING MOM, MAMA LUZ



 I write this eulogy for one passionate woman who loved life and family despite her more than 30 years diagnosis of diabetes, hypertension and heart disease.  Her laughter and curiosity for new things and hobbies were no different at all.  She will always continue to be an inspiration to us all for living life to the fullest, loving and serving God, husband and children and grandchildren.

Despite her diagnosis, her selfless attitude (she was always selfless even before her diagnosis), continued as she prioritized taking care of her family and her mental and spiritual health even during the most challenging times. She underwent several surgeries in her heart and foot and had to survive countless visits to the doctor and admittance to hospitals.  She never stopped being a mother, wife and grandma who dotingly loved being with her family even while recuperating in the hospital.

My Mom was born to poor parents and had to learn to be self-sufficient at an early age.  She learned the skills of cooking, sewing, crocheting, laundry work while at the same time selling delicacies to help feed her younger brothers and sisters.

She married her one and only true love, my father Artemio Radaza, Sr., at the young age of 20.  They bore and raised 10 children.  My siblings and I didn't grow up with plenty of money, but we can never remember a single day that we didn't have anything to eat.  There was always food on the table and family mealtimes were always happy bonding moments.  

I am grateful for Mama's examples of kindness, strength and honesty.  She was a significant figure when it comes to helping the poor, feeding the hungry and caring for the weak.  Mama Luz mothered everyone so much so that my and my siblings' friends would call her Mama.  I grew up seeing my mom as a role model for cooking the most delicious meals ever.  

Mama has always been my support and strength during tough times.  Her comforting words and tender advices were my coping mechanisms when things turned out bad.  She was a proud woman who believed that there is never any obstacle in life that we cannot overcome.

I will forever miss my mama's contagious laughter, her innocent smile and bubbly personality.  I will forever miss her delicious adobo, paksiw, dinuguan and afritada.  Food has always been a big factor in our family and she mastered the art of preparing the most delectable meals ever.

I do not know how to cope without mama around.   Her absence left a big hole in my heart. It hurts.  It just hurts.  I cannot find the words to adequately express how much I miss my her.  Life will never be the same without her.  We didn't have the perfect mother-daughter relationship.  We went through endless times of laughter, but we also put up with each other's stubborness and had endless fights on a lot a of stuff.  But mom will always be mom and daughter will always be daughter.  We always ended up being there for each other during the most difficult and heartbreaking times.

Mama, I will never stop loving you.  God knows how much I miss you.  Your loss is terrible for me.  There is never a day that I do not think of you. Your memory will always be embedded in my heart, now and forevermore.  I love you Ma.  Hug Papa for me up there in heaven.  See you again, someday.  Goodbye for now.  I love you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!